There's this new trend going around on Instagram called "5 Facts." People keep tagging each other in Instagram stories to share 5 facts people likely do not know about them, and I am OBSESSED. I really like to know people. I like to know the deep, the messy, and the just-plain-funny about people and the lives they lead. My students know this about me, because I ask them all-too-probing questions about their lives at all times.
I kept waiting for someone to tag me (#FOMO), but I decided this would make a fun blog post! So without further ado, here we go:
1. I started out in college as a music major, and wanted to be on Broadway. Reality set in about a year into my studies, and I realized I probably didn't have the right motives to sustain such a grueling--and non-lucrative career. I kind of just wanted to be famous. Oops. I switched majors three more times before I stuck with my true love, English.
2. Subsequently, I sold Herbalife as a Wellness Coach for a year and a half. I typically deem this my "lost year," and still can't believe some of the things I was brave enough to do! As a result, I get a little queasy at ANYTHING in the way of network marketing. Even though I desperately think Beauty Counter consultants are the bees-knees, I won't do it because of that history. Scarred for life! (And for anyone who knew me during that time--I'm sorry!)
3. I once put on a Christmas on the Treadmill show for my family. I did these shows a lot, but this one was the show my family never lets me live down. It involved me dancing on our VERY ghetto treadmill in our kitchen to Alan Jackson's "Holly Jolly Christmas." Classic. I should've charged admission for the shame it caused me.
4. My most memorable desired career as a youngin' was to be a Sonic Car Hop. I used to rollerblade around my house and take drink orders. Sorry, Presley. That time has passed.
5. I participated in an Acting and Modeling showcase in Florida when I was 15. It was the weirdest experience on the planet, and ironically, I still get callbacks on Facebook and email for my demo tape! Crazy. Sorry, guys, this star is RETIRED.
I feel like I'm having a bit of a crisis in terms of direction right now, and I attribute it partially to some of these random facts. There are those people who say, "I remember the very moment when I was 8 that I KNEW I wanted to be a lawyer!" I don't think I have that. I have always been somewhat random in my career desires. While I don't know exactly what I want my future to look like, I have glimpses of what I think it should feel like. A mentor the other day said, "I think most of the time when we ask for clarity, we have selfish intentions. Maybe instead, we should ask for expectancy, for an attitude that reminds us God is in control, and He will go before us."
So, today I have two questions!
What are your 5 facts?
Are you one who's always known what you wanted to do?
I can't wait to hear the comments today!