Right now, I'm sitting on my unmade bed, staring at bedding that completely does not go with our just-painted walls and brand new rug.
I'm frustrated because I am stuck on finding a journal article for a grad school assignment. I usually get things done fairly quickly, so I thought for a second--using my time very wisely--about why I'm really having trouble.
It's not that I don't understand the concepts.
It's not that there's nothing out there to find.
It's just that my everything has to be perfect all the time. It has to be the end-all, the be-all, the change-my-life kind of homework assignment.
Crazy. Oh, I know.
So, in the interest of sharing the small things and working on my thought-game, I thought I would share just three things that are The Sweet Life to me today.
(The Sweet Life: All the things that seem small, but make your life to be what it truly is. These things often go unnoticed, but are The Truly Good Stuff that you don't want to miss while you always wait for The Better.)
1. We got a Roomba, and named him Pablo. If you watch my Instagram stories, you understand that my intentions were better than Presley's with that name. Anywho, we both followed that thing around for awhile this morning and watched it run into stuff. If that ain't #marriagegoals, I don't know what is.
2. I went to meet my friend to look at countertop options today. She works at a stone company. My good friend, Lindsey, is an interior designer. Her hubby is an architect/former-contractor/all-around-knows-everything-about-everything. My other Lindsay and her hubby have a fixer upper, and are killin' it with the design game. (Yes, both Linds[e][a]ys are mine. No, you can't have them.) My grandparents came and helped us refloor our ENTIRE--ENTIRREEEEE--house. My in-laws came and helped us get a ton of painting/outdoor stuff done. All of this is to say, God has definitely put the people we NEED into our life right now. Not only are these people so helpful in the process, but they are also there for all the non-house things when we need to relax and take a break. I'm just so thankful for our people.
3. Ember in the Ashes is dominating my brain right now, even though I should be obviously doing homework, or painting, or doing laundry, or whatever else normal grown-ups with responsibilities do. Instead, my mind is stuck on Elias and Laia and their magnetic personalities. #fictionwins
And that was my attempt to do a couple different things:
- Take control of my thoughts and focus on The Sweet Life
- Write without a need for perfection
If you need me, I'll be procrastinating!
P.S. Lindsay Davenport, if you're reading, this post is just for you! Love you, I'll explain later!